Friday, September 30, 2005

it's your anniversary

I kinda feel like I should be receiving gifts, some fine crystal, a new cd, jewelry of some sort, except I don't wear much jewelry, maybe a pair of shoes, that's something I could use. That Tony! Toni! Tone! song is in my head.

And I promised a mindblowing post, I was going to think about it last night but was too busy. I thought about doing a hundred things about me post, but it seems to be too late for that.

So I read my first post, and I think I will reflect upon if I've changed in the past year. First of all I still don't have many regular readers besides my friends, and I don't think they even read regularly, and I still worry about revealing my dorkiness. I'm still not over myself as I continue to be obsessed with myself and consequently self concious, however, I feel that I have slightly improved in accepting my idiosyncrasies. I continue to be socially inept but with the advice of my former therapist and friends I am trying to fake it, at least every once in a while. I still talk quietly as people often point this out to me, and then they usually point out that I have a very loud laugh (infectious, as I've been told). A relationship (or non-relationship) ended that needed to end as I was crying on a daily basis and not from happiness. I made a small step towards a goal of trying to figure out what to do other than work here and live in Mpls. My relationship with my family has remained pretty much the same. Friends have come and gone, I've gotten closer to some and grown apart from others, but I still love them a whole lot, and we've gone through some difficult things this past year. I got to explore the good 'ol U.S.A a little.

Hmmm, well not mind-blowing, and no sordid secrets either. But it's my blog, and I'll reflect if I want to.

Happy anniversary to me.

No comments: