Tuesday, June 06, 2006

shucks

I guess today is the day the antichrist is born or something to do with the antichrist and the endtimes. May as well just get on with it I think rather than continue being jerked around.

I just went on an Ebay spending spree the past few days, not that I have money to spend, but apparently I didn't quite think that through whilst in my bidding haze. Ebay is very addictive, once you get your fix, you "win" the item, another fix is needed or else depression is inevitible.

Watched a little "Six Feet Under" last night, by myself, since I always fall asleep (we always seem to watch after 10 p.m), and I'm lucky if I stay awake past oh sometimes as early as 8, but I can usually make it at least until 9 p.m. So anyways, since I sleep through 1 or 2 episodes per disk, I take the disk home to watch the unseen episodes, this usually takes 2 or 3 additional evening due to the sleeping problem. While MS flava and Sally were in town last weekend, MS (also a fan of the show) asked me if I ever disliked the character of Brenda to which I replied no, I've always found her character endearing (even when she was a nasty sex fiend). That is, until this final season. It isn't that I dislike her necessarily, but her hair is too long. I remember reading in my YM magazines as an adolescent that the majority of dudes dig long hair, while this is probably true, and I guess I can see the appeal of long hair of a theoretic level, but I don't think the majority of women can pull of long hair. I mean, sure they can pull it off, but I think most would look better with shorter hair. I did the long hair thing for several years, and that, along with my rotund stature and hairy toes contributed to my trollish look. Women with fabulously thick and/or curly hair can do whatever the hell they want with it and look good, but I believe those of us with finer, straighter hair (such as myself) do better with a shorter cut. But that's just my opinion, and it isn't as though having shorter hair has solved all my hair issues as it is very hit or miss (and there's that styling factor involved for which I'm often too lazy). So Brenda's hair is too long and well, she just doesn't have the spark she once had, she seems a shell of a person so far this season. However, we are only on disk 2 and things can easily change.

No comments: