Monday, April 16, 2007

1 down, 4 to go

So, I applied for this internship that my instructor recommended. I assumed when going to my interview for it, that I would have a similar experience to my classmates in that I would show up, we'd chat, he may ask me some questions, but that I'd essentially just be setting up the logistics. This, however, was not the case. I was questioned on my knowledge of the seven steps in the baking process, which I hadn't studied for months, and I ended up looking like a complete moron. I also have to go in early wed. morning and do a "baking test" in which I make a batch of cupcakes (the place specializes in cupcakes), and I'm expected it seems, to know my stuff. I'm nervous, as I don't exactly usually make a stellar first impression, I get shy, forgetful, timid, etc. when I'm around new people in a new environment.

4 more weeks of class, 9 weeks until I'm a graduate, until I will have free time and a social life, I'll be able to enjoy the summer, I cannot wait.

No comments: