Saturday, October 02, 2004

Cold as Balls

As my good friend Sarah would say and texted me this morning it is "cold as balls" here, after a time of unseasonably warm weather, we are going into a stretch of unseasonably cold weather. I am dreading winter more than ever before this year. Dark and cold does not work wonders for one's mood. So I "look forward" to things, trip to Chicago, my good friend's wedding that will also bring home a couple friends dear to my heart, the holidays, moving to a hopefully much better apartment with hopefully much better roomates. So those things will get me through, but I want to do more than get through. So I plod along, hoping to trip over myself one day and then I will "be known" by myself and have found my lifes passion and all will fall into place, be my authentic self as Dr. Phil would say.
I do love Dr. Phil, he makes me chuckle even if what he isn't some great enlightener, and he also is one of my distractions from my job, along with Carolyn Hax, ebay, and my new found love for blogs. We got an email a while back at work saying that employees spend 30 min. a day online and then it was like that times all the employees and how much they make in that half hour equaled a bajillion dollars of wasted company money. Makes me feel a little bad.

No comments: