Tuesday, October 05, 2004

suppressed rage

I walked out the door into the brisk autumn air this morning and was greeted by a pleasant surprise. Someone had kindly broken my car window last night, no, not the back one that was already shattered but still remains somewhat intact, this time it is the driver's side. Tears welled up in my eyes as I tried to scrape out as much glass as I could I pondered why me. There are plenty of other cars parked along the street, newer models with likely something of actual value inside unlike my ride, which doesn't even have a working radio and is filled with trash. I also wondered if it was personal, if someone occasionally has a little fun with my car. In the past couple of years I have had an increased number of random incidents happen to my parked car, dents, side window knocked off and now this. It makes me angry, now I have to shell out money that I don't have for nothing, and I wonder if whoever did it feels anything, any remorse for my state, or are they pissed because they got nothing as well, not even some smokes. I used to leave my doors unlocked for this very reason, so that someone wouldn't break a window, but then some strung out guy decided to use my car for shelter and a possible bathroom and I started locking the doors.
I have to remember it is just a window, a couple pieces of glass, some time and money, others have lost far more than I ever have. At least its supposed to warm up the next couple days.

1 comment:

S'dizzle said...

thanks for the support friends, I will consider myself virtually blog-hugged or something. Kevin is my savior as usual, so I'm spending much much less then I would normally, and yes, this too shall pass. The nurses say that around here a lot in regard to the first days with a newborn. Okay, I love you guys!