Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Shelter from the rain

I finally have my car windows fixed! Thank you Kevin. A good thing too cause it looks like rain this week.
Part of my job is calling insurance companies to get our services authorized, it is what I hate most. I have to sit on hold, and follow prompts which I usually screw up because I don't pay attention cause I'm on the web. I then spout off a bunch of information and whoever I talk to will give me a reference number, or I'll have to talk to a nurse or case manager. They sometimes ask me why we feel we had to do a homecare visit for a mom and baby when they could have gone to the clinic. Usually there really is no reason they couldn't go to the clinic so I have to try to be confident and convince them that we had to send a nurse out because of sore nipples. Really it is more than that, I mean they are a new mother and are tired and probably frustrated and their nipple's hurt and the last thing they want is to pack up their newborn and drag them to the clinic. Insurance companies don't care, and are usually snotty about it too.
I haven't done much with myself lately, except I went to a coworker's bachelorette party. I just stayed for dinner and gifts, I didn't go out dancing at the new spot downtown, mostly to save money. I found some cheap cute chairs at a thrift shop in St. Paul, that was the highlight of my weekend.

No comments: