Tuesday, October 12, 2004

one with nature

I took the advice of my good friend Jenni and took an excursion to Taylor's Falls since I was jealous that she and her fiance had gotten to go camping and enjoy the beautiful (probably last) warm weekend of the year. Never having been to Taylor's Falls and also not usually one to venture off on my own outside a 10 mile radius, or go hiking for that matter, it was quite an adventure. Well, not really, but it was a really nice afternoon and the trees and river were beautiful. I managed to veer off the trail because I somehow failed to see the obvious way to go and decided to try an alternate route down the steep hill with many loose rocks that I saw some other people on. My buddies know that I'm a fearful person when it comes to anything that may remotely cause harm or death so I struggled my way down the hill, meanwhile passing a mom and her 5-6 year old daughter who was climbing the rocks like a pro, I felt a little sheepish, but I just kept thinking to myself "you are challenging yourself, facing your fear however small" After all that I stopped for some ice cream and then went shopping, what a natural high!

No comments: