Friday, January 07, 2005

confused

We think our oven is leaking gas, I think the fumes are affecting our thinking, I called the landlord today, he is checking it out, he didn't think it smells like anything is leaking, but when we have cooked anything our eyes and nostrils have been burning, something is not right. In any case he is calling the gas company to come out and take a look. If Olivia gets spontaneously married and starts having babies as a result of the gas leak killing her brain cells, I will be peeved.

I got up early in enough time to make it to work definately on time, decided why start being on time now, and went to the coffee shop instead for a bit, so was a half hour late to work. I'm a horrible employee, yet they love me here.

I finally got my gift from my coworker, it is the book "Stitch and Bitch Nation" with "funkier" patterns for knitting. I'm quite excited, although I only know how to crochet, not knit, so the first "Stitch and Bitch" would have been more helpful, but now that us girls are prepared to begin our knitting group, we can work together to figure out the patterns. The deal is my first project has to be a scarf for my coworker. My goal is to someday do a sweater. Good grief, and I still have to finish my brother's hat to cover his nasty dreds that he's trying to grow. White people should not have dreds, my brother should definately not have dreds.

Philly 2005 is coming up much quicker than I thought, in like a week, a good road trip out east in the middle of winter can only do a girl some good, and I was pleased to find a reasonably priced flight home. Philly cheesesteak, I hear they are the best, fujalicious and I are pumped. I may have a little time to poke around Boston as well.




No comments: