Wednesday, January 26, 2005

today is Dick day!

The pres. of the Allina Health system is dropping by today for a visit, I must be on my best behavior.

Since I have nothing more exciting to blog about, allow me to bitch about work for just a second. We are moving our office around because the billing office folks find it hard to concentrate when the nurses on the other side are talking to patients on the phone about their nipples, breastpumps, latching, jaundice, etc. This means I will likely have to give up my sunny desk with a window, near the heating vent to move to a dark, dank cold desk with artificial light. I have expressed my displeasure with this situation (whined), so I'm hoping I get to stay put. Other than that my job is fine, it pays well, I work with fun people, there is variety throughout my day...it isn't what I want to be doing, but it works for now. I don't really know what I want to be doing in fact. I studied art in college, I paint, draw, etc, and I'm good at it, but I lack the motivation to make anything, much less try to show my work. So I wonder where my passion really lies, is it in making art?, I don't know, it seems like I would want to do it all the time, make time for it. Most of the time I feel pretty passionless. I can correlate this to Christianity as well. If I really consider myself a Christian, a follower of Christ, a lover of God, then why aren't I poring over my Bible, praying consistently, doing more for society, loving my neighbor, seeking and learning more persistently. How can I have so much and still complain and not be more thankful.
Some passion would be nice.

And when did children just get to decided what they want to do in school. I was tutoring yesterday and my student didn't want to read the story, she wanted to do her other work first. Since the teacher had written down that she wanted my student to read the story and if we had time we could work on the other stuff, I tried to get her to read the story, but since I didn't know how to force her and she refused to do it, I took her back to her class, cause to me it seemed a discipline issue. We get back to her class and I feel like a meanie cause the teacher asked her if she did her other work instead of reading the story, and my student said I wouldn't let her. This is true, I didn't let her because it was my understanding that she needed to read the story first. So she got to do her other work, whatever...I don't recall in second grade being able to whine and get away with it, oh, but she wasn't on her meds, I forgot that excuses all behavior.

No comments: