Friday, July 15, 2005

assured

Went to Rachael's funeral yesterday, woke up this morning with the hymn "Blessed Assurance" running through my mind, one of her favorites.

It got me thinking about this "blessed assurance", a beautiful thing no doubt. Why would I deserve to have blessed assurance, when I don't know that I live differently from those who choose for whatever reason to not have that assurance, at least in the way that many christians believe, as in I am the way, the truth, the life no one gets to the father but through me situation. Just because I say I believe? when other's claim to not and yet act with such kindness and inclusion, do they have the blessed assurance?, and why not since their actions are more in line with what Jesus was talking about than mine. Honestly I've never bought that anyways, whatever the Bible says, I figure there is some interpretation to justify my view. What a jumbled up huge mess religion is...However, I suppose that is also the beautiful thing about it all, the mercy, the washing of the blood, doesn't make much sense at all, doesn't have to is what I like to think, since then I don't have to think about it as much, I'm hoping that if you break it down to Jesus loves me this I know, and turn it around as best you can, remaining as close to our creator as you can... Rachael will be pleased that she got me thinking anyways.

No comments: