Monday, July 25, 2005

surprisingly

when I stepped out of the office last night the weather was perfect, which really made me mad that I decided to be nice and stay and get work done. Of course when I got home I didn't really know what to do with myself....usually I go to church and go out after but I didn't go to church and did not go out after...I was slightly productive doing a bit of laundry and packing, but I had one beer and it put me in a weird mood, as if I wanted to think deeply but couldn't, or maybe that was just the beer buzz. I tried to call Cassie, and after being told her phone was busy or dissconnected I figured I wasn't going to reach her, and her cell phone is more expensive to call and she didn't answer that either. So I wished I had a couple more beers laying about or that it wasn't sunday. I went to get some ice tea and write in my journal in the hopes that life changing insights would flow from my pen, but all I wrote about was relationships, nostalgia, and how I should draw, basically I wrote about the things that haven't changed, or changed despite my trying or hoping otherwise. I listened in on the normal political conversations that take place, thinking I should try to learn something about current events but my mind was elsewhere. It is futile to avoid lecherous old guy since he is there pretty much at all times, and is usually with other people that I enjoy talking to. Politics just don't hold my interest. I prefer to talk about life, which includes politics, especially if you are actually doing something tangible towards what you believe, but don't normally feel connected to someone after learning their political views. My circle of true friends keeps getting smaller. Is there a word for someone between a friend and acquaintance?

No comments: