Wednesday, September 27, 2006

a lengthy (probably boring) post about the goings on in my life

My roommate Jake's band opened for Nickel Creek before they hit it big, isn't that just swell.

My week off from school has been truly lovely thus far, I set out to have a good time and to also be productive and am pleased to report that both have been accomplished thus far, and it's only Wed.! To recap on all the fun I've been having...
Fri.-went to former roommate Emily's new house where she and her new roomie Sinda were having a housewarming party. I attempted to hem and haw with recent grads of some of the more uppercrust of MN colleges. I'd rate my wittiness on a scale of 1-10 as a 6.7. Betsy and I announced our plan to write a screenplay in which there is basically an asexual heroine. I tried to muster up a game of truth or dare of which there were 4 participants, and during which we discovered that the most probing question we could come up with was "have you ever given someone a blowjob?". Betsy made fun of us for not being able to advance beyond age 14 in our truth or dare creativity. I then self-loathed for a while for not being smarter, as I was told based on my PSAT score that I could never dream of going to such a school as Carleton or Mac., but felt confident that my new bra was pretty and showed it off to neighboring individuals. Then I fell asleep.

Sat.-was productive, cleaned mostly in the hopes of getting to the source of the funky smell in the kitchen. I had feared that some sort of vermin had perished under the fridge, so, with steel determination I moved those fridges and prepared myself for the worst-nothing other than your run of the mill under the fridge grime which was promptly mopped up. I then showered and vegetated a bit, meanwhile Cassie called wondering what I was up to, and she and I and Heather decided to join Betsy to hear harpist blues legend Billy Boy Arnold at our local chain rib establishment. I had me some good ribs and (2) cornbread muffins (2 for $0.99).

Sun.-worked, was unproductive at work per usual. Went to church and afterwards called my mother to wish her happy birthday, and had the pleasure of visiting with my local pals, and also out of town pals Sally and MS flava. I got excessively drunk likely because I was downing my beer and I had a mostly empty stomach (trying to be frugal). I then proceeded to vaguely embarrass myself and get easily offended at our local venue where our church puts on a show with a variety of local musicians and our church band.

Mon.-worked, was unproductive at work, hoped to hook up with Sal and MS flava before they headed home but didn't. After work I picked Betsy up and we tried to engage ourselves in the seedy underbelly of the Mpls punk scene. Our friend Mike's (who we are both attracted to but who unfortunately has a girlfriend), band was playing at this house with a gross basement and keg beer. I felt fairly out of place upon arrival, seeing as how I don't usually try to pull off the punk look, but Mike welcomed us even though we looked really square. Mike told us some about his drunken shenanigans over the weekend and a few offensive jokes, but was cut off by the first band, they were alright, then Mike's band played, and they were pretty good. The next morning Betsy and I were chatting about how adorable Mike was, but she then brought up the point that if one were to actually date Mike, one might get tired of his alcoholic tendencies, his propensity toward playing video games for hours, and the fact that he mostly hangs out with a bunch of dudes who also have alchoholic tendencies. She does make a good point. Ah, but he's so cute and funny and artsy...anyways...

Tues.-My day off since I worked on Sun. I awoke determined to be highly productive, my goal being to paint/clean my room. I woke, cleaned some, went to the paint store and decided I am too poor to paint my room at this point, also ran into my landlord who graciously informed me that we haven't quite been fulfilling our caretaker duties of cleaning the halls (which we haven't). I went home with a new goal of ridding the kitchen of the foul odor. This time I pulled out the stove expecting the worst...to discover only your run of the mill under the stove grime which I mopped up. Then I cleaned both hallways and attempted to tidy the basement. I lamented the fact that I hadn't been able to enjoy the lovely weather so I partook in a short jaunt to the local shop for a cup a joe and some reading outdoors. While I was trying to keep to myself and read, a regular who generally irritates me joined me and irritated me per usual and then a bird shat on my book (which was thankfully from the library). Then I went over to my co-worker's to watch the season premier of "Gilmore Girls" with 2 other co-worker's and Cassie. I wasn't disspointed, though after reading reviews today it seems that a lot of other's were, nor do I hate Christopher like many seem to (though he was somewhat irritating).
I also came home last night and finally realized the source of the odor...which is fairly disgusting...it was the fly trap that I had bought a few weeks ago, which now resides in the garbage...problem solved. Hey, at least it wasn't decomposing mouse bits....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://amoxicilline.webs.com/]acheter Duphamox
[/url][url=http://acheter-amoxicilline.webs.com/]amoxicilline vente libre
[/url] clamoxyl allergie
amoxicilline yahoo
amoxicilline helicobacter

Anonymous said...

[url=http://cyclosporine.webs.com]cyclosporine level monitoring
[/url] ciclosporina bambini
ordering Ciclosporine online
ciclosporina ocular

Anonymous said...

[url=http://cyclosporine.webs.com]ciclosporina contraindicaciones
[/url] cyclosporine modified 100mg
ciclosporina para que es
sandimmun dosaggio

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]order virazole online
[/url] purchase virazole online
order copegus
purchase ribavirin online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]copegus 200 mg online
[/url] rebetol
virazole 100 mg online
copegus buy online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buy-methylprednisolone.webspawner.com/]methylprednisolone depression
[/url] methylprednisolone taper schedule
methylprednisolone vs methylprednisolone
depo medrol cost

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buy-methylprednisolone.webspawner.com/]online Phocenta 4 mg
[/url] methylprednisolone 16 mg dosage
cost medrol dose pack
prednisone equivalent of medrol dosepak

Anonymous said...

http://biaxin-buy.webs.com/ buy clarithromycin (biaxin)
http://sustiva-efavirenz.webs.com/ Sustiva 600 mg online
http://asacol-mesalamine.webs.com/ buy pentasa
http://www.freewebs.com/pentasa-mesalamine/ mesalamine