Friday, April 22, 2005

smoking monkeys and "nether beasts"

My co-worker Stef has been in rare form today, last week she showed me some computer art by a friend of hers of "nether beasts" and other fantastical creatures. Today she showed me an article about monkey's that have picked up a smoking habit, apparently due to sexual frustration (hmmm, maybe that's why I can't kick the habit....), and mentioned that Star Wars makes her cry.

I'm all shaky right now for some reason, I think that means I should leave, it really is too hard to type.

I have to babysit tonight. What I want to do is go to a art opening tonight, well, I can still go when I'm done babysitting but I'm afraid that the food and entertainment will be gone by that time.

I think my problem is is that I've been reading too many blogs where the writing is really good, and the ideas are thought provoking or wonderfully entertaining, and so I feel self concious about my writing. Not that I consider myself a writer at all, but of course I wouldn't mind being better at it than any other person, especially not even considering myself a writer, as if it was my hidden talent that just came to life through my blog. That along with a great singing voice or piano playing ability, or even the flute. I actually was a good flute player back when I first started, I was told I was the best in class and managed to maintain 2nd chair status for most of junior high without much effort or practice. As far as my singing voice....for some reason I thought it was pretty decent and so I was massively dissapointed when I didn't make concert choir my junior year of high school (cause then I would have been in it with Dan M., he would have fallen in love with me and made me deliriously happy). Nor did I make Caroler's, a select few individuals who would be chosen to well, carol, during holidays and they got to wear green or red capes and berets, they were the choir elite. I wanted this badly because Dan McGuire, who has a beautiful voice and was a caroler, would have been impressed by me and therefore would have fallen in love with me. Clearly this has messed up my entire existence.

No comments: