Monday, June 12, 2006

the torture

My little stepbrother graduated from High School yesterday, so I went home to the farm to attend his graduation party. Thankfully my amiable cousin was there to keep my company so that I didn't have to make too much endless, torturous small talk. Lots of 4-H families there, people that I haven't seen in the 9 years since I myself graduated from High School, and it was fun to learn what old friends and acquaintances are up to, or kids that I used to babysit. Nevertheless, I was happy to get out of smalltalk hell a couple hours later after the obligatory short, awkward, yet friendly chat with my father. I'm sure if I had to say one more time, "yep, living in Mpls, working at the hospital still" I may have crazily hopped on a sheep and rode off into the sunset or something.

When I got back to civilization I headed straight to Cassie and Sarah's to indulge in our favorite series on DVD, "Six Feet Under". I didn't arrive til about 9:15, and Cassie had gotten 2 disks, and I figured I'd surely fall asleep second episode in, but I only dozed off for a short time, then I was rarin' to go and we pounded through all 6 episodes, boy was that intense. Lots of high emotion, we laughed, cried, were disgusted, and got really pissed off at Nate. I know I was harsh on Brenda in a recent post, but she remains my favorite character. Now we only have the finale left and I'm itching like crazy to see it, but of course we gotta figure out a time when all three of us can watch it. It will be bittersweet, but I hear it's one of the best finales.

I feel a little bad for passing off a task onto the new girl. I claimed I was too busy and I wasn't really.

No comments: