Thursday, June 01, 2006

the three r's

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. I'm not going to claim to be an environmentalist and I surely mindlessy contribute to the destruction of our planet on a daily basis, however, I do make an effort to abide by the three R's. Betsy and I are pretty diligent about our recyling, oftentimes, more than half our tiny kitchen is filled with bags of recycling, yet this morning I walk out only to discover that our landlord took all of our recycling efforts and dumped them into the garbage. I salvaged a bag or two, but sadly the rest will end up in a landfill. Why a person would do such a thing I do not know, to my knowledge it was appropriately sorted, I just shake my head in wonder. My landlord is such a doink sometimes. He also asked for my rent shortly after 8 a.m. this morning, knowing that he is constantly strapped for cash I figured he'd cash it ASAP, which would mean trouble for me since I don't get paid til tomorrow. So I "forgot" to slip it under his door like he asked because, guess what, there are still several more hours until the 1st is over and I'll be damned if I get an overdraft because he cashed my check before 3 p.m. Besides, someone who trashes recycling for no good reason deserves to sweat a little.

Betsy made me a excellent moving mix since she (lucky SOB) left yesterday for a 2 1/2 week stint in Europe (therefore leaving the apartment cleaning in my hands), and I must say I'm quite pleased with how much I accomplished last night, so I'll credit the mix.

Plan is to play more croquet tonight, what if I choke? I don't know if my ego could handle it.

No comments: