Thursday, December 29, 2005

a bit o vermin never did any harm

Actually, I guess in some instances they have, wasn't the plague spread by rats or something. There was a cockroach in our office kitchen this morning, people are freaking out. I'm frankly surprised that we haven't had more and varied infestations, considering how old, disgusting and ugly our office building is. Company colors are turquoise and purple, imagine the now shabby decor, it isn't very inspiring. Of course the cockroach disgusts me, however I've dealt with living with vermin most of my life, we all just have to coexist.

Having lately been waking later and later, arriving to work between 45 min. to an hour late, I enlisted the help of my co-worker Angela to get me to work on time, I asked her to give me a wake up call. She did so at 6:30 a.m., at which time I had been sleeping soundly through my alarm for about 50 minutes. I still didn't make it to work until 8:25, what the hell is wrong with me?

McDonald's is pissing me off, I've been getting salads to attempt to combat my holiday intake of fat and sugar, and have noticed that Iceberg lettuce has replaced what was once was a variety of leafy greens. Iceberg has no nutritional value nor as much flavor, yet the price remains the same. Of course what should I expect from a corporation such as McDonald's. As a former employee I'm saddened and dissapointed, but I gave them my 2 cents.

I spy cheesecake in the fridge....

No comments: