Thursday, December 15, 2005

way to go


Fwd:
Originally uploaded by snielson.

There's the Jayhawks (taken on my shitty phone camera) at first ave. (aren't they hot?) for their 35th anniversary celebration. Overall the night was great, although there was something like 8 bands in the main room and so they only each played maybe four songs. They also played some incredibly hot footage of Prince between bands. I was supposed to go with my ol' buddy Dan, but apparently he was arrested and shackled the previous evening for driving without a license and his car was impounded. I'm truly sorry for his misfortune, but when he was telling me about his night in the slammer I couldn't help but laugh. So Betsy and her friend met up with me later, I was already two giant Corona's toward drunk and had just been offered a third by some guy who said I was awesome and called me a monkey (apparently a compliment), which I don't think pleased his girlfriend much. Way to go first ave. you are dirty and you have a distinct odor (wouldn't have it any other way), but you can sure put on a good show, happy anniversary.

No comments: