Wednesday, December 07, 2005

cold as balls: the apartment chronicles

The hike in gas prices has prompted the 'ol landlord to keep our apartment at what feels like a balmy 50 degrees or so, I don't know how cold it really is, but it feels darn cold. In addition he's making us pay extra to help with the cost, the whole thing stinks, and causes goose pimples. My father was always a stickler about heat too, he was a hardy farm boy though, he and his brothers probably all snuggled in the same bed with one quilt to share or curled up on the dirt floor by the wood stove, so any requests I made for warmth received little sympathy. So though I'm no stranger to wearing a coat in my home, I had enjoyed as an adult to be able to turn up the heat if I so choose, but I have no control in our current situation.

America's favorite Amazing Race family (the Bransen's of course), have made it to the final three!! I think we should have a set time of prayer for them, tomorrow at 6:30 p.m. work for everyone?

No comments: