Wednesday, February 15, 2006

the end is near, and someone(s) loves me afterall

In a very un-Charlie Brown like moment, I came home to a valentine in my mailbox from not one, but 3 very attractive and creative men vying for my attention; Kanye West, Jamie Foxx and Common. Apparently they all have the hots for me.

As much as I'd like to live in the fantasy that these men, though they have never met me, are famous and certainly have attractive women fawning over them all the time, I suspect that one of my funny gal pals put it together (main suspects being Fuj or Betsy, Fuj denies it though so I'm pretty sure it was Betsy). In any case they were f-ing hilarious and totally made my day. The rest of the evening was anti-climatic and involved me going to the gym and discovering how out of shape I am, watching the valentine Charlie Brown special, Gilmore Girls and the movie "Love Jones" as previously planned. There was a brief moment where Cassie and I almost decided to go out, but we each opted for our jammies and our respective televisions.

Something else that is swell is that I'm can see the light at the end of the tunnel, i.e. my credit card debt will be paid off in fewer than 10 months, if I didn't decide to quit my job, cash out my retirement and use that to finish them off, which I may still do, though my financial advisor advised against that course of action. I suppose in theory I should save for the future, but that is all in theory.

No comments: