Monday, February 27, 2006

frustration

Lucy got a clean bill of health at the vet, turns out she just needs to get fixed. I'll spare the details of what I learned about female cats and reproduction, but in a nutshell, she's going to be in heat more frequently until she gets some, and she's marking in order to attract a mate. Poor sexually frustrated Lucy. It is definitely a bargain to adopt a pet, spaying is expensive.

Quasi celebrity pal Beth was in town over the weekend, with her quasi celebrity sisters and quasi blog-celebrity beau employed Tim (formerly unemployed Tim), whom I had the privelage to see friday night. I thought I had it in me to be functioning at the second bar, but instead I was quite slap happy, babbling nonsense while trying not to fall asleep on the table, that would have been embarassing. Fortunately it brought out a rare form of humor that is only experienced when I'm in such a state. My weird ex-neighbor dropped by the other evening to hang out, we've never hung out before, nor have I even talked to her much in the short time we've known each other, but she seems to consider me to be one of her good friends. I wish I liked her more because she seems lonely but honestly it is so awkward being around her that I try to avoid it if possible.

House of Mercy put on a great show last night for their monthly live at the Turf Club, Betsy and her friends joined me and she observed that I go to a hip church, and I'd have to agree. I must say though that the HOM band isn't quite the same without Pete and Abby.

No comments: