Thursday, January 25, 2007

sharing my random thoughts/irritations on nothing per usual

Perhaps I'd be better off living alone...our house looks nice though, we decorated for the party so almost everything of Lance's is put away. I will try to stop complaining/judging his aesthtic taste, I'm sure he thinks it neat and off-the-wall funky or whatever, and why wouldn't others like it? Olivia never liked my style when we lived together, so well, I guess it works all ways.
I have decided that post me hosting book club in a couple weeks, I'm going to stop cleaning common areas. Apparently it is thought by some in our home that Betsy and I are messier then some other's in our home so we deserve to clean more, hmmm, I rarely cook at home, if I do it is mac and cheese which doesn't require much mess-making, I always wash my own dishes, and often those of others, wipe down kitchen surfaces even if I didn't dirty them, even if I wiped them the night before, came home the next day without laying a finger on nary an item in the kitchen, and found the stove/counter to be dirty again I will -again- wipe it clean. I will stop sweeping, mopping and cleaning the bathrooms, etc. Sorry, I'm a bit pissed and venting, and I need to live by myself I think, ahhh, but it is so much cheaper to live with a roommate, with generally more space and amenities. I truly love my roommates, well, I don't quite know Lance well enough to feel very affectionate towards him at this point, but I do feel somewhat unappreciated at this very moment.

But I'm also MN nice so hell if I'll ever confront anybody...I mean it did take me a couple weeks to get up the nerve to be straight with Lance about not liking his masks. I do often prefer to go the passive aggressive route, hence instead of saying "I feel hurt/unnappreciated/exhausted when you say I should clean more than you even if my dead skin cells don't contribute to the dust/grime in the house any more than yours do, and I spend much of my limited spare time cleaning common areas while you sit on your duff" I will passively agressively stop cleaning any mess that I did not contribute to.

My instructor at school looked at my wedding cake ideas (we have to do a three tier wedding cake for our final project) and asked me if I'm a "dark" person. I'm not sure why, perhaps because in our lottery of cake shapes I chose heart shape and was sad until he offered up a hexagon shape which I eagerly grabbed, or because I want to use dark colors and patterns instead of something flowery. Who knows, I will say though that I feel most comfortable with this instructor more so than with any other teacher/professor, which is weird because the guy seems like he'd be super critical and is really hard to read because he doesn't have much for facial expression. Anyways, just thought I'd share I guess.

No comments: