Friday, March 11, 2005

polar vortex

That is what is keeping the springtime temps at bay, the polar vortex.

I have a hard time accepting that someone would rather not have me in their life, that they can fathom increased happiness without my presence. There have been a couple people in my life that I consider (or had considered) friends that purposefully have cut me out of their life, this past year in fact. Neither one of which really was a positive addition to my life, so it shouldn't matter, and in the end it doesn't, I can't control anyone. In the one case I did nothing deserving that or care much for that matter, and the other case was, well complex. Its not like I'm a heinous bitch or anything, I think I'm quite a decent friend for the most part, minus my sarcasm and occasional emotional outbursts. It is sad to me that you can achieve certain level of intimacy, invested time into something and it can be dismissed just like that, and I get a bad case of nostalgia from time to time that doesn't help for getting over it. It is a polar vortex of the heart. Ah well, maybe I just have to have more tumultuous relationships to develop a thicker skin.

It's like a blizzard out right now. Good night to cozy up with some flicks and california rolls, unless I can convince someone to drive to uptown to have a beer with me, I really want to get a beer tonight.

No comments: