Tuesday, March 15, 2005

you make me wanna la la

I got my hair cut yesterday and it was very Ashlee Simpson the way he cut and styled it, I must say I do have a schnoz rivaling hers so it probably suits me. For those who insist that I don't have a big nose, I do, and I'm ok with it, really. Thanks to women such as Ashlee and Sarah Jessica and Meryl Streep? etc., not having a cute little nose does not necessarily make a woman less attractive. Nor do I mind my ten to fifteen gray hairs, its not like I'm turning prematurely gray, my hairdresser seemed shocked that I didn't care.

This past weekend I was talking to Cassie and we touched briefly on the subject of forgiveness. We pondered how much to forgive if it is a ongoing issue with the other person, or if forgiving or making excuses for the behavior just encourages the behavior. Do we need to feel that the other person is sorry, or understands the depth of their offense before we forgive?? I don't think so. Obviously forgiving can't be forced, so how do you get to that point when you've been burned pretty bad? I usually feel after a certain amount of time it becomes a moot point, like you just grow to not care in the same way that you did before and its water under the bridge, but that isn't always the case, especially with family or friends that you have been really close to, then the hurt becomes less understandable maybe, like how could so and so possibly do this to me if they cared at all about me. But, it happens, and the hard part is assesing how much more to invest in the relationship.

Anyways, also since Easter is coming up sin and grace become a more prominent theme. Jesus on the cross, having unconditional love and grace, being tortured because of our sin. Nothing that is easy to wrap your head around. In fact, I can't focus enough on the subject right now to ponder it at all.

Speaking of forgiveness, I hope to be forgiven for wanting to get intoxicated on thursday, I think I get intoxicated in moderation so it should be okay.

No comments: