Tuesday, April 11, 2006

nature or nurture

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.
Free Jung Personality Test (similar to Myers-Briggs/MBTI)


Just been reading up on my personality type, which you can read about here or here if you care to. No wonder I'm weird and often frustrated about my life and myself. In trying to find some direction, I've been doing career/personality tests. I had this book laying around that my former analyst recommended to me and I finally took the tests and was well, dissapointed. I scored highest in business and clerical, and lowest in mechanics, which I used to always score well in, but then I thought about it and realized that out of the five tests I took 3 while drunk which may have skewed my results. Anyways I have never thought of myself as business oriented, and it said I could do boring jobs like being an accountant. So I still lack clarity but am forging on.

Gilmore Girls was also a dissapointment, it did not yield the results that I had hoped for. Rory went to Jess's reading in Philly, a kiss was shared, then she proclaimed her love for Logan even though she doesn't trust him, Jess was clearly saddened and hurt. I'm entirely at a loss as to how one could resist Jess's charms, he's attractive, apart of an artist community, creative, sarcastic, straightforward, if only he was an actual person and in love with me...

I'm feeling as though I may get frustrated with this task of finding an apartment with Betsy. She is on a tighter budget than I am and while I'm all about being more thrifty with rent, however, I also can afford a decent place that isn't unreasonable. She also wants certain amenities, like a yard and more space, so to find a place like that in her range we would probably have to move to a less desireable location, whereas, again, I could afford a decent place in our current neighborhood which I am quite fond of. Yesterday we looked at a place that the woman was certain we would like. It had no living room, it was 2 bedrooms (1 quite small) a bathroom and a fairly large kitchen that she said we could put our sofa and TV and such in. Betsy was interested, I wasn't into it, I foresee issues.

No comments: