Friday, April 28, 2006

getting up there

I had a long post ranting about religious folk and the gay marriage debate in reaction to the documentary I saw last week following the lives a gay couples during the legalization of gay marriage in MA, and the conflict it caused with the Christian right, culminating in an ammendment to ban gay marriage. Then, like my run on sentence I just wrote, it seemed rather lengthy. So to summarize, I can't foresee the future, but it looks to me as though gay marriage will be someday legalized, and I wonder how Christians can justify spending so much of their energies on putting a stop to it. Yeah, it does suck to reflect upon one's own life and sin, and much easier to judge others', claiming to "hate the sin and love the sinner". Sure, I feel the love when the words perverse and sick are thrown into the equation. The film showed a few of the couples getting legally married and how much that meant to them and the people that love them. I'm not a sappy person, but it brought a tear to my eye. The film was called "Same Sex America" if anyone cares to check it out.

Anywho, I'm exhausted per usual. Betsy and I threw quite a bash Sat. night and I'm still recovering. Good thing I have a couple days off this week, why?, oh because it is my birthday on thursday, I will be old.

OK, I realize that like three people read this thing (one of them being me), but I'm going to become my own stalker and start leaving myself comments since nobody else does.

No comments: