Thursday, February 10, 2005

Elvis

The woman that delivers the internal mail around here really looks like Elvis. Maybe she is Elvis....

My blogging has been a little stale I feel. Bitching and moaning about work, my boring life. My oldest sister bitches and moans a lot, maybe I get it from her. I remember when we were on our way home (a five hour car ride) after my other sister's wedding, my mom's boyfriend at the time was driving, smoking a doobie and going on and on for like an hour about how all my sister does is bitch and moan, bitch and moan, he just kept saying it over and over again, and it was funny. This wasn't behind her back, she was in the car. Of course she screamed some obscenities and then sulked and cried the rest of the way home. I guess if someone told me all I do is bitch and moan for an extened period of time I would do the same. My mom and I just laughed at her, does that make me a bad person?, although the scene still makes me chuckle. She has mellowed out some as she has gotten older, but does have a long history of bitching and moaning.

Last night I remembered when I peed my pants in second grade when we were in gym playing with the parachute. I suppose because I was playing with a parachute last night (with kids, not by myself). First of all the parachute is so much fun you don't want to stop to go potty, especially for an athletically challenged child such as myself, parachute and free play days were the only relief from the embarassment of rope climbing, gymnastics, running, pull-ups or walking on stilts. In any case I had to go real bad, but I was also shy and not willing to interrupt the teacher to ask her if I could go to the bathroom, so even when I had the opportunity to ask, I just sat on the floor and peed. The janitor came over and asked me if it was me who had done it, which I think is a pretty stupid question to ask a kid who's sitting in a puddle of urine, so of course I shook my head no.


No comments: