Tuesday, February 01, 2005

on hold

I'm sleepy today, I was convinced to ditch Jen and her suitors (on the bachelorette) and go to an open mic. with roomie and her boo. I lusted after at least three poets. I should have done laundry and gone to bed but I've been too much of a homebody and need to get out more.

I am despising automated systems right now, I can't concentrate on the options.

Our landlord is a tango instructor and told us that we can come up for lessons if we wish. Olivia has gone but last night was my first time, it was fun, but I felt a little uncomfortable. I had to dance with the landlord's girlfriend most of the time and we have mixed feelings about her, she hit us up for cash for the lessons even though we've been told they are free, she is also often in my parking spot, which I'm of course not assertive enough to mention. Oh good grief.

So I got a new student to tutor, I'm guessing cause I was a meanie and so maybe the kid didn't like me anymore. Oh well, not everyone is going to like me, I must try to not let it get to me, especially from a person in second grade. My new student reads really well though so I don't understand exactly what my purpose is but whatever.

Well, since I am too tired to think right now I'll put someone else creativity on here...

Acting steady always ready to defend your fears

What's the matter with the truth, did I offend your ears

By suggesting that a change might be a thing to try

Like it would kill you just to try and be a nicer guy
It's not like you would lose some critical piece

If somehow you moved point "A" to point "B"

Maintaining there is no point changing 'cause
That's just what you are

That's just what you are

-Aimee Mann

No comments: