Tuesday, February 15, 2005

"the scene"

I went to an art show opening friday night by myself. Whenever I go to one of these things alone I have this fantasy that I will mingle, have a great connection with someone, and be welcomed into the Mpls art scene. They will want to see my work, show it, and I'll have a fancy opening for my work. In reality, I go by myself, notice that everyone else there has some sort of companion, feel way too intimidated to attempt to involve myself in a conversation with people I don't know, try to look cool and confident as I look at the art, and leave as soon as I'm sick of the crowd.

I also felt rejected by a gay man on friday night. I did however, get reunited with my buddy Jorge, who I used to Salsa with at margaritas. We talked about going dancing sometime, which would be fantastic.

No comments: