Monday, February 28, 2005

spring and smoking ban

Tomorrow is march, that means warmer weather is within our grasp, that also means the smoking ban will go into affect in Mpls(and St Paul?). It will be interesting to see how the ban will change the atmosphere. At least we have our cozy porch to have porch parties on. I don't know if it will help curb our smoking habits, probably not at least until it gets cold, but I guess at least we won't be sitting at the bar going through a pack without much thought.

I had a lovely weekend, went to that opening friday night, where they had yummy mini creampuffs. I went shopping and got a new bra and a couple pairs of shoes. Finding a decent bra is no easy task, and I prefer bras without padding. I went to JC penneys cause I have a gift card and they had nothing I liked. Then I had this big ordeal with this coupon I got and even though it was "store wide" I couldn't use it for the underwear I purchased cause they were four for a dollar (even if I bought three for regular price), or the coffee grinder I wanted cause it was a small electric, I was very dissapointed. I'm sure y'all wanted to hear about bras and underwear, so there ya go, the bra I got was at victoria's secret.

I went to that artist lecture yesterday, I had contemplated not going for a minute, but I'm really glad I went, cause there wasn't a lot of people that showed so it was a more intimate setting. They talked about the challenges of owning galleries and some of their thinking behind putting together shows. They are clearly passionate about what they do and the role of art in the community, and being open to all kinds of art. One of the owners there had rejected some of my work for a group show he was doing on skin, I had submitted nude self portraits. I thought about mentioning that but I didn't. Maybe one of these days I'll try to post some pics of some of my paintings, not the nude self portraits probably, but some of my other work. I got excited though because a. since it was a smaller setting, it's possible that these people might actually recognize me if I went to their gallery, and b. I kind of had a crush on the guy from the gallery, so thats fun.

No comments: