Monday, March 20, 2006

in my life

I think I have mental fatigue, trying to figure out if I can do something with my life. However, I was talking to Betsy this morning, and I'm glad I'm not in her shoes. Practically her entire family is made up of engineers, so her parents want her to be an engineer, which I don't think suits Betsy in the slightest. Unfortunately for her they are very controlling and put enormous amounts of pressure on her to go back to school and move closer to them and be successful (monetarily), like they make her write up 5 year plans for their review, good grief. So I guess I'm glad that my parents don't meddle, that they don't lord money over me in a controlling manner.

Anyways, I'm trying to explore my options, which there seems to be a lot, but everything requires money and that is discouraging. I'm supposed to start culinary school in July, but I don't think I'll be eligible to take out enough loans to cover it. I'm trying to write essays for scholarships, but they seem cheesy, and I feel so average. Bah. So yeah, figuring my life out is consuming my thoughts (in case you hadn't noticed).

No comments: