Friday, March 24, 2006

lets get real

My car returns to the streets, bumperless, but driveable. Though I have to worry myself with my lack of license plate until I reattach it, but I parked in the ramp today, passed 2 cops this morning w/o getting pulled over and have off-street parking at home, so probably no need to worry really, unless I can't figure out how to get it back on.

There was a shooting near my house and my co-workers were talking about it. I mentioned that Betsy and I often walk in our neighborhood often alone and at night. I got the "well, you better be more careful then". Yeah, I'm admittedly naive and flippant about crime safety, yep I make myself an easy target by being female and walking at night alone. I don't know, I just don't get worked up over it and so I'll probably be mugged or murdered someday, Betsy too, she doesn't have a car and walks everywhere, in the "bad" areas even. Something like when do you allow fear to override your lifestyle, not that it isn't good to be cautious and aware of your surroundings, but I really just don't worry about it.

Anyways, going to the club (strip) tonight. Can't say I'm real excited, but I said I'd go and so I'll go since I almost never back out of things even if I don't want to go.

No comments: